A replaceable print bed constructed from Polyetherimide (PEI) material, allows prints of PLA (bed temperature at 60°C) or ABS (bed temperature at 95°/115°C). The use of a PEI bed is a big step forward in 3D printing when it comes to bed adhesion and reduced warpage.
Polyetherimide (PEI) has great material properties for use as a 3D Printer bed.
- Long-term Heat Resistance, excellent stability of physical and mechanical properties at elevated temperatures thanks to high glass transition temperature of 217 °C.
- Strength and Stiffness, predictable stiffness and strength up to 200 °C.
- Dimensional Stability, among the most dimensionally stable thermoplastics available, offering predictability over a wide temperature range.
- Environmental Stress and Cracking Resistance, retain strength and resist stress cracking when exposed to automotive and aircraft fluids, aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids, and weak aqueous solutions.
- Easy to sterilize and clean properly.